Quick and easy to make, these Almond Milk Crepes come together with just 3 ingredients! They're soft, buttery, naturally dairy-free, and can easily be made gluten-free!
Make these 3-ingredient almond milk crepes in just 25 minutes! They're high in fiber, easy to customize, and are thin enough to hold your favorite fillings.
You'll love these healthy crepes for their tender and chewy bite, and that they can be made both sweet and savory!
Ingredients and notes
- Flour. We use whole-wheat flour, but both all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour work as well!
- Almond milk. Make sure to use one that is on the thicker side. This will make the batter rich and smooth!
How to make 3-ingredient crepes with almond milk
Add eggs to a bowl and mix well. Add almond milk and mix once again.
Then, sift the flour into the bowl, and using a whisk, mix until a smooth batter is formed.
Heat some oil in a non-stick pan or a skillet. Once hot, pour the crepe batter and cook for 1 minute. Then flip, and cook for 30 more seconds, until golden.
Repeat with the rest of the batter until all pancakes are done! We like to serve them with fresh fruit and yogurt, but you can add anything you want. Some raspberry chia jam would be delicious here!
- Keep the heat to medium-low. If your skillet is too hot the pancakes will start to burn, so make sure to keep it to low flame.
- Don't add too much batter at a time. My skillet is relatively small and I have found that just ¼ cup of batter is enough. If your skillet is bigger, you may need to use ⅓ - ½ cup, but don't go above this.
- Oil your skillet before every crepe. This is important so that your crepes don't stick or turn out dry. You don't have to go overboard though, just a little bit of oil is enough.
- To form a nice round crepe hold the skillet with one hand and pour the mix with the other. Once you've poured the batter start swirling it around immediately!
- Use a whisk to mix batter. This will ensure that your batter will be smooth and there won't ber any clumps.
Yes, feel free to use any milk that you like here! We like to use soy milk, coconut milk, and even barista oat milk.
I know that there are a lot of opinions online about whether or not you should chill crepe batter, so I decided to test it.
From my tests, 30 minutes of resting did *almost* nothing to the batter, but I did see some changes when the batter rested overnight. The pancakes were softer because the flour had time to soak in with the milk.
So, if you can rest your batter overnight, go for it. If not, don't sweat it!
You can make the batter the day before (which we recommend), otherwise, they will keep well for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator!
Yes! If you want to make it easier for yourself, you can add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Yes, these crepes will keep in the freezer for 1 month (and sometimes longer)!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
And if you'd like to try something new and fun, check out these German Pancakes!
3-Ingredient Almond Milk Crepes
- 4 large eggs*
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk (or any other milk that you like)
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp whole wheat flour, divided (or sub with all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- Oil, for cooking
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon melted butter, either vegan or regular (for softer crepes)
- To a bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Add milk and mix once again. At this point add any of the desired add-ins.
- Sift 1 cup flour and whisk until a smooth batter is formed. If the batter is too thin, add the remaining 1 tablespoon flour and whisk again.
- To a skillet, heat a little bit of oil (~½ tsp) over medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot (but not smoking), pour the batter and swirl it around to form a circle. Cook for 1 minute. Then flip and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute on the other side, until golden.
- Repeat until all of the crepes are done. Serve right away with your favorite toppings! These crepes can be both sweet and savory!