Healthy Carrot Banana Smoothie
This Carrot Banana Smoothie is creamy, sweet, and packed with warming spices and carrot flavor! It's so delicious and tastes like a slice of carrot cake! Just 8 ingredients and 5 minutes needed!
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped, (~ ⅔ cup)
- 1-2 dates pitted (optional, for sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ - 1 cup plant milk (we like coconut and soy)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (optional)
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more or less milk, depending on how thick or thin you want your smoothie.
Taste and adjust the flavor if needed, more cinnamon for warmth, ginger for spice, or date for sweetness.
Serve immediately or save in the fridge for up to 1 day. Freeze for up to 1 month. To thaw: take it out of the freeze and into the fridge 1-2 hours before serving.