This Cucumber avocado gazpacho recipe is rich in flavor and comes together in under 30 minutes! It is creamy from the avocados, refreshing from the mint, and spicy from the jalapenos! Perfect for a light summer dinner.
Ingredients For Vegan Cucumber Gazpacho
Shallots and garlic. They bring a deep flavor when roasted.
Fresh herbs - mint and parsley.
Yogurt of choice. Either plant yogurt (such as coconut or soy), or plain greek yogurt.
Plant milk to blend. We like almond or so milk here. Oat and rice milk have a sweet undertone and we don't think that's a good fit.
Lime or lemon.
Apple cider vinegar.
Jalapeño pepper. Optional, but it does bring some heat, which we love.
Hemp seeds. Optional. They give a boost of nutrients and a bit more creaminess.
Salt and black pepper.
How to Make This Recipe
Can you freeze Gazpacho?
More Refreshing Summer Recipes
Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho
For the gazpacho
- 1 avocado ripe
- 2 medium cucumbers chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 2 cups plant milk of choice (we like almond and soy)
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Big handful of mint
- Big handful of parsley
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoon coconut yogurt (or sub with greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
For the croutons (optional)
- 3 slices of bread, preferably day-old bread (use gluten-free if needed)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
For serving (optional)
- Hemp seeds
- Yogurt of choice
- Sliced Radishes
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F). Lay baking paper on a baking sheet. Add shallot and garlic cloves and toss in olive oil and salt. Next place slices of bread. Roast for 10-20 minutes. It really depends on how old your bread is, so don't forget to give it a look now and then. Fresh bread takes longer to bake.
- When the bread is nice and golden and the shallot and garlic caramelized, take them out of the oven. Carefully, while the bread is still warm, rub a whole, peeled garlic clove on each slice until it melts.
- Cut the garlic bread into cubes. Set aside.
- In a blender or a food processor, add all of the ingredients for the gazpacho and blend until smooth. Then taste and adjust the flavor if needed- more almond milk for thinness, jalapeño for spice, vinegar and lime juice for a more tangy flavor, mint for freshness.
- Transfer into a jar a covered container and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes before serving.
- When chilled, serve the gazpacho with garlicky croutons and toppings of choice. We love to serve it with hemp seeds, radishes, yogurt, and more mint!
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with third-party calculations without including the optional ingredients.