Hi, I am Petranka!
Welcome to my digital kitchen! I am a 21-year-old-foodie, and a professional chef! I am the blogger, photographer, and recipe developer behind Sunglow Kitchen.
How It Started
In 2016 I started my first job ever- washing dishes and cleaning at a plant-based cafe in Sofia, Bulgaria. At that time, I was vegan myself and was really interested in everything the chefs were doing, so I started asking more and more questions, asking them to show me different things and observing what they did.
One thing led to another, and after 1 year is started working first as a baker, then as a chef. I loved making food for people, and I really liked that I had a lot of creative freedom at that cafe to make recipes that were my own and that I'd come up with.
Moving on from there, I worked at more places, but as time passed by the exhaustion and stress really started to get to me. So, I decided to quit professional cooking in 2020 (yes, I hit burnout just for 3 years, from 2017 to 2020!).
After that, the world shut down and since I was stuck at home anyway, I decided to finally do something that I've wanted to do for years- start my own food blog.
How It's going
Today, this blog is a space dedicated to sharing easy and budget-friendly vegetarian recipes for people who want to incorporate more plants into their diet but don't want to make a compromise with flavor.
I cannot wait to tell you about Boris, my partner in life and business. He is the awesome partner every food blogger needs in their life!
He built our blog with so much love and he continues to take care of this digital space, while I am taking photos in the studio or testing recipes in the kitchen! He works as a full-time web designer and is one of the most talented people I know. Seriously such a cutie!
SK has been featured in outlets such as:
13 Fun Facts About Me
Scroll below for my most popular recipes!
- I am a huge Taylor Swift fan.
- Because of my love for Taylor Swift and music, I started learning how to play guitar.
- My partner Boris and I moved to Copenhagen, Denmark in the summer of 2022 to explore a different culture.
- Boris and I really want to move to the US and it's one of our biggest goals! 🤞
- I started working in a professional kitchen when I was 16 years old.
- I eat and enjoy all foods, including meat, but I choose to share vegetarian recipes on my blog because I believe in the power of plants and what they can do for our health.
- I am a cat person.
- I found my love for cooking when I had an eating disorder. I know this may not sound like a fun fact, but it's funny to me how my biggest passion came from my biggest struggle.
- My favorite dessert is dipping cookies in ice cream.
- My hair is naturally blonde and I've never dyed it.
- Okay, this is technically not about me, but my brother is a professional skateboarder and he is amazing!
- I'm obsessed with crime and mystery books.
- I am currently working full-time as a food photographer and recipe developer.
My Most Popular Posts
Carrot Cake Frosting Without Cream Cheese
3 Easy Avocado Smoothie Recipes
Want to link to a recipe?
You can use one image from a recipe with a do-follow link back to Sunglow Kitchen along with proper attribution.
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube!