Hi, I'm Petra (short for Petranka) and welcome to my digital kitchen! I am a 23-year-old foodie and a professional cook based in Sofia, Bulgaria. I am the blogger, photographer, and recipe developer behind Sunglow Kitchen.
Here you'll find easy vegan and vegetarian recipes that are great for beginners who don't know where to start. They're simple, accessible, and mostly (but sometimes not) budget-friendly.
In 2016 I started my first job- washing dishes at a local plant-based cafe in Sofia, Bulgaria. At that time, I was vegan myself and was really interested in everything the chefs were doing, so I started asking more and more questions, inviting them to show me different things and observing what they did.
One thing led to another, and I started working first as a baker to help out the team, and then as a chef, preparing the lunch menu every day and developing new recipes.
I loved making food for people, and I really liked that I had a lot of creative freedom to make recipes that were my own and that I'd come up with.
Moving on from there, I worked at more places, but as time passed, the exhaustion and stress started getting to me. I started to feel burned out after just 3 years of working as a cook (from 2017 to early 2020).
After that, the world shut down, the place I was working at closed, and since I was stuck at home anyway, I decided to finally do something that I've wanted to do for years- start my own food blog.
My partner Boris helped me build the blog and my dream was finally coming into reality.
What You'll Find On Sunglow Kitchen
- Easy recipes that anyone can make! Such as Bischoff Overnight Oats, Ravioli Al Pomodoro, and Air Fryer Beyond Burger.
- Quick weeknight meals that don't sacrifice flavor. You'll love our Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry, Easy Tofu Fajitas, and Tagliatelle Pesto Pasta
- Classic comfort foods that (sometimes) have a spin on them. Such as Vegan Mac & Cheese without Cashews, Mushroom Lentil Pot Pie, and Curried Mashed Potatoes.
- Crowd-pleasing vegan and vegetarian food like these Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings and this Crispy Fried Silken Tofu.
- Indulgent desserts like Vegan Churros and Cheesecake without Cream Cheese.
More About Petra & The Blog
Nope, but I do have a free eBook, which you can great by subscribing to my newsletter. It's all about how to eat healthy on a budget, my best tips + recipes.
It has to be tofu! I have so many tofu recipes on my blog from Vegan Tofu Ham, to Deep-Fried Tofu Nuggets, to Korean Gochujang Tofu. I love that it can absorb any seasonings or marinates you add to it, and it's also versatile.
No, but I LOVE vegan food. It's one of the reasons why I started this blog, to help more people eat plants in an enjoyable way that doesn't sacrifice flavor.
My Most Popular Posts
Here is what my readers are loving and making on repeat!
- 40 Amazing Silken Tofu Recipes (Sweet & Savory)
- Creamy Avocado Fruit Smoothie Recipe (3 Ways)
- Carrot Cake Frosting Without Cream Cheese
- Naan Recipe without Yogurt (Vegan)
- Super Crispy Fried Silken Tofu (Vegan)
- Easy Overnight Oats without Yogurt (4 Ingredients!)
- Copycat Five Guys Cajun Fries Recipe (Air Fryer or Oven)
- Detox Island Green Smoothie (Tropical Smoothie Cafe Copycat)
SK has been featured in outlets such as:
Want to link to a recipe?
You can use one image from a recipe with a do-follow link back to Sunglow Kitchen along with proper attribution.
Want to work together?
Shoot me an email at [email protected]. I'm open for recipe development, food photography, sponsored content, and blog post writing.