This Air Fryer Beyond Burger is easy to prepare and ready in just 10 minutes! It's tender, smoky, and full of flavor in every bite. Vegan and gluten-free!
If you've been looking for a delicious vegan burger that tastes like the real thing, look no further than this air fryer beyond burger!
It's truly mind-blowing how similar it tastes to meat. Even the biggest meat-lover won't realize that it's vegan!
What is beyond burger?
The Beyond Burger is a plant-based patty that is made to look, taste, and cook like beef. It has a similar texture, and even smell, to a regular patty, but is made entirely from plants.
The main ingredients are pea protein and vegetable oils. It's gluten-free, soy-free, and high in protein with around 20gr of protein per patty.
- Beyond patties: For best results, thaw them before cooking.
- Burger ingredients: Buns, vegan mayo, cheddar slices, lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion. Or whatever you want to put in your burger.
How to cook beyond burger in the air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350ºF (180ºC).
Season the patties with salt and black pepper on both sides, and rub gently.
Using a spatula, transfer them to the air fryer's basket. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown.
Serve it either as a protein side or make burgers with it!
- Pay attention to smoke. If you see smoke coming out of your air fryer, open the basket and let it escape. In that case, it's best to place your air fryer below or near your kitchen hood.
- Season the patties. When testing, I have found that they need a bit of salt and pepper, so don't skip on the seasoning.
- No need to spray with cooking spray or oil. The patties have enough fat in them so that they won't stick. In fact, your air fryer basket will get pretty greasy.
- Serve it right away. This beyond burger is best enjoyed warm and fresh.
It's best to cook the patties after they've completely thawed, but if you forgot to do so, you can cook them frozen. Follow the instruction in the recipe card below, and make sure to double the time. Instead of 4 minutes per side, the burgers will need 8-9 minutes.
Yes! Transfer the patties to a plate and either use the defrost setting or microwave for 30 seconds on a low setting, flipping the patties halfway through. You know they're defrosted when you press the middle of the patties and there is no ice.
Be sure not to overcook them, because this will change the texture! After defrosting in the microwave, beyond burgers should be cooked within an hour or two to prevent bacteria from spreading.
Beyond burger is done when it's golden brown on the outside and pink on the inside. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F (74 C). You can measure it by using a meat thermometer.
Yes. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (180 C). Add the patties and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until the inner temperature has reached 165 degrees F (74 C).
No. Once you cook your beyond burger in the air fryer, it's not a good idea to freeze.
If you're looking for what to serve with this air fryer beyond burger, try the following recipes:
Or pick any of these 20 Air Fryer Side Dishes!
Air Fryer Beyond Burger Recipe
- Air fryer
- 1 package (2 patties) Beyond Burger, thawed
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
For assembling the burger (optional)
- 2 burger buns, we use brioche (gluten-free if needed)
- 4-5 tablespoon vegan or regular mayo
- 2 cheddar slices (vegan if needed, we like Chao)
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
Cook the patties
- Preheat your air fryer to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Season the patties with salt and black pepper on both sides, rubbing gently.
- Using a spatula, transfer them to the basket of your air fryer. Air fry for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through. You know they're ready when the inner temperature has reached 165 degrees F (74 C). The patties should be golden brown on the outside and pink on the outside.
Assemble the burger
- Cut your brioche buns in the middle. Spread mayo on the inner side of the top and bottom halves.
- Layer lettuce, one beyond patty, cheddar, tomato slices, and red onion. Repeat with the second burger. Serve!