This Carrot Banana Smoothie is creamy, sweet, and packed with warming spices and carrot flavor! It's so delicious and tastes like a slice of carrot cake! Just 8 ingredients and 5 minutes needed!
No more bland smoothie recipes, friends! I am presenting to you: our Carrot Banana Smoothie recipe that is SO CREAMY and packed with flavor, it tastes like a carrot cake cupcake.
It is packed with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and is naturally sweetened with dates. What's not to love?
If you're looking for more smoothie recipe ideas, check out our Avocado Smoothie Recipe, Detox Island Green Smoothie, Boba Smoothie, and our Watermelon Mango Smoothie.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Banana. Gives a creamy texture and sweetness to this smoothie. You can use a frozen banana for a colder smoothie.
- Raw carrots. We recommend you cut your carrots into smaller pieces to make them easier to blend.
- Dates. They are optional, but they do give a natural sweetness that we love.
- Rolled oats. Thicken the smoothie and give it a nice touch. Oats also add fiber, which will help you stay full for longer. We don't recommend using steel-cut oats.
- Non-dairy milk. In my opinion, coconut milk is the best choice for this recipe, but feel free to use any milk you have on hand.
- Spices. We like cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger.
- Vanilla Extract. Optional, but I really do recommend it for more flavor.
How to Make Carrot Banana Smoothie
That's definitely my favorite part of this recipe because all you do is add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
After that I recommend you to taste and adjust the flavor if needed, add more dairy-free milk for thinner smoother, more spices for warmth, or dates for sweetness.
- Use ripe bananas. They will give natural sweetness and a creamy texture to your smoothie. For best results, make sure your bananas have dark spots on the peel.
- Cut or grate your carrots. The smaller the pieces, the easier the smoothie will be to blend, especially if you don't have a high-speed blender.
- Adjust the thickness if needed. Some people like thicker smoothies, others thinner. I am somewhere in between. I recommend you start with ½ cup of liquid and build up from there.
- Sweeten to taste. If it's not sweet enough, add 1-2 more dates. In my opinion, a carrot banana smoothie needs to be sweet, but feel free to adjust the flavor if needed to match your taste.
- A great tip is to freeze ripe bananas and carrots so you can have them in your freezer at all times. This way you won't have to worry about fresh produce going bad and you will be able to make this smoothie whenever you want!
- Hemp seeds. Give extra protein and omega-3 to your smoothie. Use up to 2 Tbsp.
- Protein powder. If you were wondering where to sneak in a good amount of protein, this is the recipe! Thanks to the warming spices, you probably won't taste the protein powder at all. We recommend you use a plain or vanilla-flavored one. Add 1 scoop of protein powder and keep in mind that you may need to add more liquid to blend.
- Yogurt. You can use either plant-based yogurt or plain greek yogurt. For a plant-based version, we recommend you use either coconut yogurt for a tropical flavor or soy yogurt for more protein. Add up to ½ cup of yogurt.
- Walnuts. They give a toasty and earthy flavor, as well as healthy fats. Add up to ¼ cup of walnuts.
- Lemon or orange zest. It will give a nice boost of flavor and tanginess. We recommend about ½ teaspoon of lemon/orange zest.
This recipe tastes best in the first 24 hours after it's made (if saved in the fridge). You can also freeze it for 1 month (and sometimes longer).
To thaw: take it out of the freezer and into the fridge 1-2 hours before serving.
Healthy Carrot Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped, (~ ⅔ cup)
- 1-2 dates pitted (optional, for sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ - 1 cup plant milk (we like coconut and soy)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more or less milk, depending on how thick or thin you want your smoothie.
- Taste and adjust the flavor if needed, more cinnamon for warmth, ginger for spice, or date for sweetness.
- Serve immediately or save in the fridge for up to 1 day. Freeze for up to 1 month. To thaw: take it out of the freeze and into the fridge 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with third-party calculations without including the optional ingredients.
Leave a Reply