Need a refreshing drink for summer? Make this Watermelon Mango Smoothie recipe in just 5 minutes, using our secret ingredient for an extra kick!
What's refreshing, creamy, and naturally sweetened? Hint: this easy watermelon mango smoothie recipe! Made with just 7 ingredients and 1 blender, it can be enjoyed as breakfast, snack, or dessert!
If you haven't tried adding lime juice to watermelon yet, YOU ARE MISSING OUT! This combo is life-changing. So good!
- Frozen watermelon. For best results, use a watermelon that's sweet and ripe.
- Strawberries. Again, fresh and ripe strawberries that are in season are what we are looking for here.
- Frozen mango. The addition of frozen mango takes this smoothie to the next level, but if you don't have it on hand, you can add a frozen banana instead.
- Plant milk. We like to use soy milk because it's high in protein, but you can use any plant milk you like, such as coconut milk, almond milk, etc.
- Lime. Balances out the sweetness by bringing some tang.
- Mint. Gives an extra kick and freshness to this watermelon mango smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt. We like to use plain soy yogurt for thickness and plant-based protein. But you can use any yogurt you like such as Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, or even one that is vanilla-flavored!
- Sweetener of choice. We like maple syrup, but you can also use honey, agave, or any other sweetener you have on hand.
How to Make Watermelon Mango Smoothie
Add all of the ingredients to a blender, starting with the milk first. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Then, taste and adjust the flavor if needed- more mint for freshness, more lime juice for tang, or more milk if it's too thick for you.
Transfer to a glass or a jar and enjoy!
What fruit mixes well with watermelon?
Watermelon goes well with many fruits, such as strawberries, bananas, and tropical fruits like pineapple and mango. Citrus fruits like oranges and limes balance out the sweetness of the watermelon by bringing tang and some sourness.
Variations and Substitutions
- Lime zest. If you want even more kick from the lime, you can add the zest as well.
- Protein powder. If you want to make this smoothie more filling, feel free to add 1 scoop of protein powder. Choose a protein powder that has a mild flavor and isn't too strong.
- Hemp seeds. They are packed with plant protein, as well as healthy fats. We love adding up to 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds here.
- Coconut water. You can omit the milk and use coconut water instead. It will bring even more freshness.
- Dates. If you don't want to use a liquid sweetener, use dates! Adding 1-2 dates to this smoothie does wonders.
- Basil. Don't have mint on hand? Use basil instead! It's a surprisingly good combo!
- Try to use a watermelon that's ripe and in season. To pick the best one, we recommend watching this video.
- Cut your watermelon into cubes and store it in a sealed bag in a freezer. This way you will always have it on hand for smoothies!
- Add more or less sweetener, depending on how sweet you like your smoothie. You can also not add any if that suits you.
- Fridge: Pour smoothie into a glass jar and put a lid on. Store in a fridge for 1-2 days.
- Freezer: Pour smoothie into a glass jar and put a lid on. Freeze for up to 3 months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
More Smoothie Recipes
And if you are into watermelon drinks, we think you may also like these watermelon margaritas. 😉
Watermelon Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup plant milk (we like soy milk)
- 1 ½ cup frozen watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries, either fresh or frozen
- ½ cup frozen mango (or sub with ½ frozen banana)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (or sub with fresh basil)
- 2 tablespoon soy yogurt (or another yogurt of choice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional, for sweetness)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- To a blender, add all of the ingredients for the smoothie, starting with the milk first. At this time, add any desired add-ins.
- Blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust the flavor if needed- more maple syrup or honey for sweetness, or lime juice for tangies.
- Pour into a glass or a jar and enjoy immediately. Best served when fresh, but it can also keep for 1-2 days if saved in a refrigerator.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with third-party calculations without including the optional ingredients.